Jackets and coats come in all shapes and sizes – just like people! There are so many to choose from that it’s hard to figure out what works best with certain outfits, the weather and your taste. You might wear two or three different types of coats in one day depending on the weather and what you are wearing. So, what are your options for jackets and coats and which ones should you choose?
Long Sleeved vs. Short Sleeved/Sleeveless:
Pairing a form fitted long sleeve shirt under a puffy vest or short sleeve jacket in contrasting colors is a very popular look right now. This look is perfect for those days that are nippy but not too cold. On the other hand, when there is snow on the ground and a cold wind blowing, a long sleeve jacket or parka will work every time.
Long, Short or In-Between:
The length of the jacket or coat is just as important as the length of the sleeves. You can achieve different looks and various degrees of warmth and comfort this way. On really cold days, wear a long trench coat over your boots and jeans, or bundle up with a parka or quilted down jacket that reaches mid-thigh. If the weather is a little warmer or you prefer a shorter length, you can find jackets that stop at the waist or mid-hip area.
When there’s a nip in the air, it may be time to rotate out of those short sleeve shirts you love so much and embrace your long-sleeved wardrobe. October can be a weird month, where more than a good slasher flick on Halloween can give you goose bumps. One moment you are fine and the next you are cursing at yourself for not bringing a jacket. Enter the long lost art of layering. Some guys do it right and look great. Others? Well, they look like they just rolled out of the sack. Here are some easy pointers on how to layer button-up shirts, t-shirts, polos and other clothing with your fall styles.
- Pair a pattern, fitted, tee with a solid or semi-solid button up shirt. Try pairing up a tailored shirt with a cool pattern like the Remetee T-Shirt Staredown.
- Slip on an open neck long-sleeve shirt under your favorite tee. We love the tough Affliction Motors Event Tee.
- Pull a t-shirt on under your polo and then top it off with a light jacket.
- Pop your collar over a sweatshirt. Try a long sleeve tee underneath, instead. Like this stylish knit.
- Go monochrome by layering the same color. Switch it up.
- Layer anything under a tank top. We don’t have to show you an alternative way to wear it. Just don’t. The closest you should get is an Outerwear Vest with a fitted long sleeve underneath.