Browse products from your favorite designer brands, including Lacoste, Sorel, Sperry, Goorin Bros., Fred Perry, and so much more! We’ve compiled a handy shopping guide below to highlight the season’s most popular picks. Scoop up these steals before it’s too late! Continue reading
It’s that time of year again when you spend brisk nights outside retail stores, or long hours sipping coffee in front of computer screens. All in the name of savings! According to the National Retail Federation, six in ten people say they will or may shop this holiday weekend. That’s more than 140 million shoppers nationwide. But before you get out there and hunt down the deals, you need to be aware of the risks you face, whether shopping online or in stores.
- Make sure the website is secure. When you’re ready to check out, the first thing you need to do is verify that the site address begins with “HTTPS://” which means it has SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption installed. Basically, your transaction will be safe and any information you type on that page will be secure via encryption. However, it is also important to check that there is a padlock in the address bar or near the bottom of the page, depending on which browser you’re using. The padlock must be green! Click on it and there will be further information about whether the site is completely secure or not. If there are unsecure resources, think twice before entering your payment information.
- Check for verified seals. These are the little logos usually located at the bottom of the webpage. Click on them for more info. Look for security seals such as Norton Secured, Comodo or Trustwave. These seals verify that the website is legitimate and your information is being secured via SSL, which is another way of encrypting the data being sent over the Internet. Consumer ratings seals, like Stella Service and Shopping.com, are also a good indicator of a company’s trustworthiness based on fellow shoppers’ reviews.
- Use a strong password. It’s easy and convenient to create an account on a store’s website and save your credit card information for future use. But this means you need to make sure your account is secured with a strong password. You should use a string of text that mixes numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters, and special characters like spaces or underscores. Really, the more characters, the better. And these characters should be random, not alphabetical or in the order of your keyboard layout. Still unsure? Visit HowSecureIsMyPassword to check your password’s strength.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date. You need to protect against malware with regular updates to your anti-virus program. Ad-Aware Free Internet Security 9.0 is the editor’s choice at PCMag and has gained a 4.5 star rating. A program such as this is always a good idea for extra protection.
- Know what’s too good to be true. Never give out personal information in exchange for coupons or promotions. Oftentimes, there will be a deal on social media that offers a free product with purchase, in particular an iPad. Clicking on the link can lead to phishing scams, which can result in email spam and identity theft. If you’re ever asked to fill out multiple surveys requesting personal information, credit card details or passwords, this is also a red flag. It can be particularly tricky if friends innocently post the fake deals on Facebook. That’s why you need to look at everything with a skeptical eye.
- Going mobile? Check your network. The trick for an easier mobile shopping experience is to shop directly through apps provided by the official retailers, like Best Buy or Target. If you’re ever unsure, read the app’s reviews, check out the ratings, and search online for any claims of being scammed before downloading. If you’re out and about with your mobile device, be wary of public Wi-Fi networks as they are not encrypted, which means anyone has the ability to eavesdrop on what you send. Only use the Wi-Fi if you access it over a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
Prepare yourself for some serious savings! Our stores have plenty of promos going on at all locations including our online store. Here are our Black Friday promos for this weekend!
Black Friday Specials: In-Store
- Starting from 10 pm on Thursday to 6 am on Friday: 20-25%* off
- 6 am to 10 am: 15% off
- 10 am to 10 pm: 10% off
- *25% off is only valid with purchases over $700. Discounts only apply to regular priced merchandise. Not valid online.
Saturday and Sunday In-Store Specials:
- 8 am to 10 am (Saturday only): 15% off
- 10 am to 10 pm: 10% off
- Discounts only apply to regular priced merchandise. Not valid online.
Black Friday – Sunday Online Specials at www.DesignerStudioStore.com
- 15%-20%* off
- *20% off is only valid with purchases over $500. Discounts only apply to regular priced merchandise.