With a wide range of musical influences from Dolly Parton to Kanye West, Michael Buble to The Shirelles, we’re taking this time to celebrate moms everywhere with a Mother’s Day playlist. These are strictly sentimental songs dedicated to the women who raised us. Whether she is offering her overlooked wisdom or sewing us a coat out of old rags like Dolly’s mom did, our mothers typically have a way of nurturing out of habit.
So play her these songs as a thank-you. Or, if you’re struggling with last-minute mother’s day gift ideas, feel free to take inspiration from our playlist. Grab a few tracks that connect with you personally, draw up some cover art, and gift her an old-fashioned mixed CD. Hey, it’s better than nothing.
*This playlist was curated with Mom in mind. Happy Mother’s Day.
- (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time On You – *NSYNC
- Hey Mama – Kanye West
- I Turn to You – Christina Aguilera
- Mama’s Song – Carrie Underwood
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – James Taylor
- Coat of Many Colors – Dolly Parton
- Mama Said – The Shirelles
- Meanwhile Back at Mama’s – Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
- Child – Lights
- In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride
- The Perfect Fan – Backstreet Boys
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- Some Kind of Wonderful – Michael Buble
- The Mother We Share – CHVRCHES
- Mother Like Mine – The Band Perry
- You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
- The Best Day – Taylor Swift